EIS is open to all small businesses whose trading activities fall within the permitted list as issued by HMRC.
We will provide you with a fully managed solution enabling you connect with investors and ensure you are fully compliant before and after you offer shares to investors under the EIS scheme.
HMRC maintains strict requirements and guidelines for investors to be able to claim, and keep the EIS tax relief's relating to their shares. The company which issues the shares has to meet a number of HMRC rules and guidelines.
To provide security to potential EIS investors, a company may secure Advanced Assurance from HMRC. This process will check that the company meets the required guidelines regarding the kind of company it is, the amount of money it can raise, how and when that money must be employed for the purposes of the trade, and the trading activities carried out.
We will check your business plan and apply to HMRC for Advance Assurance. Once this is obtained we will place your company on our exchange to attract investors, and manage the share issue process to ensure investors are able to claim the tax relief's available.
We have access to hundreds of investors who are looking for EIS companies. We give them the security that all the companies we list on the exchange have advance assurance from HMRC and therefore will allow them to claim the benefits available.
Our Compliance and Listing service includes the following:
- Initial consultation with company and Business Plan Review
- Business Plan review notes with area for improvement
- Application to HMRC for Advanced Assurance
- Response to raised questions by HMRC
- Once Advanced Assurance received – listing on our EIS Exchange (listing fees apply)
- Email sent to relevant investors with details of new EIS company
- Connection to Investor
- Management of Share issue process
- Production of EIS1 form for investors to claim benefits
If you do not have a business plan, we are able to prepare a straightforward business plan for EIS Advanced Assurance purposes for £895.